Work From Home
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Play your own favourite work music
- Refresh yourself with breaks, exercise and showers at your chosen time during the day
- Personalize your own work setting
- Save time on Commuting
- Access to family.
- Requires extra planning and setting up work/home boundary to maximize productivity
- You will mostly be self-reliant for office support.
Setup Your Routine
- Prepare a pre-work morning routine such as jogging or walking outside, taking care of small household chores and errands
- Get dressed for work
- Review your plan for the work day
- Check your e-mail and messages
- Regular scheduled daily briefing with Clients, colleagues and management for updates and issues.
- Setup blocks of uninterrupted work hours
- Stop work at the end of your work day and leave your defined work area
- Spend time with family, socialize online, relax and refresh for the next work day.
Working From Home
- Setup Your Work Space in a defined area
- Setup Work/Home ground rules with other home occupants
- No interruption during work hours except during defined periods
- Define break times when family can interrupt
- Define blocks of work hours for work only
- Request 48 hour advance notice for significant household demands that require more than an hour of work interuption.
Connected with the Office
- Clarify with management on what provisions are by the company and what are by you.
- Clarify what costs will be compensated
- Track your Expenses
- Keep your timesheet updated
- Setup your daily calendar and make your availability status visible to others
- Let others know when and how they can reach you.